1 year ago
- Camilla “Millie” Mackintosh, 22, Make-up artist/Quality Street Heiress/Cast member of Made in Chelsea. -
“She Said Beauty is such a great idea! The perfect way to see whats new and exciting. As a make-up artist, it’s pretty life changing! I love trying new products and beauty innovations, but I suppose I have a ‘routine’ as well.
For hair, I use the Umberto Gianni Incredible Bodyrange. I love having full-bodied hair and I clip in extensions for a fuller look. For daily soft waves, I blow dry my hair and then tong sections then brush out the curls. For face products, I cleanse with Manuka Dr Apiclear Foaming Cleanser, then use the serum and moisturiser. My trusted beauty must have is the serum from their Apiclear range – it saves me from any breakouts! I also love the “bliss triple oxygen instant energizing eye gel“. After these steps, I apply my daily make-up.
In my make-up bag, I have:
- Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturiser in the shade ‘Glow’. This is the best tinted moisturiser I’ve found, its finish is glowy and natural, it evens out skin tone and redness, but also has spf 20 and anti-pollution protection.
- My Face foundation. This gives more coverage but is still a natural dewy finish and blends into my skin perfectly. I wear this more in the evening.
- By Terry Touch-Expert concealer in Shade 2. This is the best undereye concealer. It conceals, moisturises and colour corrects but is still invisible.
- NARS Multiple in Orgasm. This is my blusher and I love the slight sparkle and gentle pink flush it has.
- NARS Bronzer in Laguna. It’s a very natural tan colour, great for contouring and a sunkissed finish.
- Chantecaille lipgloss in ‘Mirth’ is really moisturising and a lovely natural pink
- Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume mascara. I love how this goes on. In the day I normally just wear mascara on my top lashes for a fresh look.
- MAC eyebrow shade ‘Omega‘ and their eyebrow brush. Total essentials every day for a groomed look.
For the cameras, I have to wear powder – which I don’t usually bother with – as the lights make me shiny. The make-up bag products are all quite high-end, I think, but I love low-end products, too. I think Rimmel liquid liner is great, and Garnier Summer Body is a great, cheap self tanner. At the end of the day, sleep and a healthy diet do wonders.
Apart from an awful hair dye job when I was 14 (it was bright yellow!), when I was at school all my friends always wanted and trusted me to do their make up for parties. The decision to become a make-up artist went from there, really. Charlotte Tilbury is my favourite make up artist, andI also love how Kate Moss wears her make-up; very chic, sexy, and casual. The opportunities that being a makeup artist has given me – like going backstage with Glamour’s beauty team at London Fashion Week – have been really great.”